Opportunity Harlow is provided by the Haven Gateway Partnership.
The Haven Gateway Partnership is the data controller for the page www.opportunityharlow.co.uk
If you have an Opportunity Harlow account, read the full documentation provided to find out how your account stores, processes and shares your personal information.
If you follow a link to a service provided by another agency or local authority, that organisation will:
- be the data controller
- be responsible for processing any data you share with them
- publish and manage their own privacy notice with details of how to contact them
What data we collect
The personal data we collect from you includes:
- questions, queries or feedback you leave, including your email address if you contact www.opportunityharlow.co.uk
- your postcode and address if you use a www.opportunityharlow.co.uk service that includes a postcode or address lookup function
- your email address and subscription preferences when you sign up to our email alerts
- how you use our emails – for example whether you open them and which links you click on
- your Internet Protocol (IP) address, and details of which version of web browser you used
- information on how you use the site, using cookies and page tagging techniques
Google Analytics processes information about:
- the pages you visit on www.opportunityharlow.co.uk
- how long you spend on each www.opportunityharlow.co.uk page
- how you got to the site
- what you click on while you’re visiting the site
We will not combine analytics information with other data sets in a
Why we need your data
We collect your personal data in order to:
- gather feedback to improve our services, for example our email alerts
- respond to any feedback you send us, if you’ve asked us to
- send email alerts to users who request them
- allow you to access government services and make transactions
- provide you with information about local services
- monitor use of the site to identify security threats
We use the information we collect through Google Analytics to see how you use www.opportunityharlow.co.uk and to see how well the site performs on your device.
We do this to help:
- make sure www.opportunityharlow.co.uk is meeting the needs of its users
- make improvements
- make performance improvements, for example improving page load time and data usage
We combine Google Analytics information with similar data from other Haven Gateway Partnership websites to help understand and improve user journeys within www.opportunityharlow.co.uk and other government digital services.
Our legal basis for processing your data
The legal basis for processing personal data in relation to site security is our legitimate interests, and the legitimate interests of our users, in ensuring the security and integrity of www.opportunityharlow.co.uk.
The legal basis for processing data collected with Google Analytics www.opportunityharlow.co.uk is your consent.
The legal basis for processing all other personal data is that it’s necessary:
- to perform a task in the public interest
- in the exercise of our business function
What we do with your data
The data we collect may be shared with other government departments, agencies and public bodies. It may also be shared with our technology suppliers, for example our hosting provider.
We will share your data if we are required to do so by law – for example, by court order, or to prevent fraud or other crime.
The data we collect with Google Analytics cookies is transferred and stored with Google where we analyse it with Google Analytics software (Universal Analytics). We do not allow Google to use or share this data for their own purposes.
We will not:
- sell or rent your data to third parties
- share your data with third parties for marketing purposes
How long we keep your data
We will only retain your personal data for as long as it is needed for the purposes set out in this document or for as long as the law requires us to.
- keep your email data until you unsubscribe
- keep your feedback data for 2 years
- delete access log data which contain your IP address after 120 days
Children’s privacy protection
Our services are not designed for, or intentionally targeted at, children 13 years of age or younger. We do not intentionally collect or maintain data about anyone under the age of 13.
Where your data is processed and stored
We design, build and run our systems to make sure that your data is as safe as possible at all stages, both while it’s processed and when it’s stored.
All personal data is stored in the European Economic Area (EEA). Data collected by Google Analytics may be transferred outside the EEA for processing.
How we protect your data and keep it secure
We are committed to doing all that we can to keep your data secure. We have set up systems and processes to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure of your data – for example, we protect your data using varying levels of encryption.
We also make sure that any third parties that we deal with keep all personal data they process on our behalf secure.
You have the right to request:
- information about how your personal data is processed
- a copy of that personal data
- that anything inaccurate in your personal data is corrected immediately
You can also:
- raise an objection about how your personal data is processed
- request that your personal data is erased if there is no longer a justification for it
- ask that the processing of your personal data is restricted in certain circumstances
If you have any of these requests, get in contact with our Privacy Team.
Links to other websites
www.opportunityharlow.co.uk contains links to other websites.
This privacy notice only applies to www.opportunityharlow.co.uk, and does not cover other Haven Gateway Partnership services that we link to.
Following a link to another website
Following a link to www.opportunityharlow.co.uk from another website
Contact us or make a complaint
If you have any queries regarding your subject data rights, please contact us (email@example.com).
Changes to this policy
If these changes affect how your personal data is processed, we will take reasonable steps to let you know.